Ever paid £5 for a laptop just to write shit on tumblr? Just me? Good good. Did you sexy fuckers miss me?
Ladies. Circumcised or turtleneck? Discuss.
just before i go to bed…
My alarm just went. 1200 days since I last had sex. Blue ball.
Thatcher - can I be disrespectful now?
Margaret Thatcher was the most divisive and polarising politic leader of the last century. This is an incomplete list of why many of us fall on the side that does not regard her with anything other than odium…
1. She supported the retention of capital punishment
2. She destroyed the country’s manufacturing industry
3. She voted against the relaxation of divorce laws
4. She abolished free milk for schoolchildren (“Margaret Thatcher, Milk Snatcher”)
5. She supported more freedom for business (and look how that turned out)
6. She gained support from the National Front in the 1979 election by pandering to the fears of immigration
7. She gerrymandered local authorities by forcing through council house sales, at the same time preventing councils from spending the money they got for selling houses on building new houses (spending on social housing dropped by 67% in her premiership)
8. She was responsible for 3.6 million unemployed - the highest figure and the highest proportion of the workforce in history and three times the previous government. Massaging of the figures means that the figure was closer to 5 million
9. She ignored intelligence about Argentinian preparations for the invasion of the Falkland Islands and scrapped the only Royal Navy presence in the islands
10. The poll tax
11. She presided over the closure of 150 coal mines; we are now crippled by the cost of energy, having to import expensive coal from abroad
12. She compared her “fight” against the miners to the Falklands War
13. She privatised state monopolies and created the corporate greed culture that we’ve been railing against for the last 5 years
14. She introduced the gradual privatisation of the NHS
15. She introduced financial deregulation in a way that turned city institutions into avaricious money pits
16. She pioneered the unfailing adoration and unquestioning support of the USA
17. She allowed the US to place nuclear missiles on UK soil, under US control
18. Section 28 (if you don’t know what section 28 is I really suggest you look it up)
19. She opposed anti-apartheid sanctions against South Africa and described Nelson Mandela as “that grubby little terrorist”
20. She support the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and sent the SAS to train their soldiers
21. She allowed the US to bomb Libya in 1986, against the wishes of more than 2/3 of the population
22. She opposed the reunification of Germany
23. She invented Quangos
24. She increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%
25. She had the lowest approval rating of any post-war Prime Minister
26. Her post-PM job? Consultant to Philip Morris tobacco at $250,000 a year, plus $50,000 per speech
27. The Al Yamamah contract
28. She opposed the indictment of Chile’s General Pinochet
29. Social unrest under her leadership was higher than at any time since the General Strike
30. She presided over interest rates increasing to 15%
32. She presided over 2 million manufacturing job losses in the 79-81 recession
33. She opposed the inclusion of Eire in the Northern Ireland peace process
34. She supported sanctions-busting arms deals with South Africa
35. Cecil Parkinson, Alan Clark, David Mellor, Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitkin
36. Crime rates doubled under Thatcher
37. Black Wednesday – Britain withdraws from the ERM and the pound is devalued. Cost to Britain - £3.5 billion; profit for George Soros - £1 billion
38. Poverty doubled while she opposed a minimum wage
39. She privatised public services, claiming at the time it would increase public ownership. Most are now owned either by foreign governments (EDF) or major investment houses. The profits don’t now accrue to the taxpayer, but to foreign or institutional shareholders.
40. She cut 75% of funding to museums, galleries and other sources of education
41. In the Thatcher years the top 10% of earners received almost 50% of the tax remissions
42. 21.9% inflation
Most people recognise the massive changes that evolved during the 1980s. However, to ascribe the positive changes to one person, as though they never would have happened in her absence, is laughable.
Over the last week I’ve had to hear what a lovely person she was, how she deserves her ceremonial funeral and how by saying I don’t want my taxes to pay towards it I’m apparently in the wrong. I’m disrespectful. The fact that her own son has made over £100million selling arms to other countries yet somehow isn’t financially responsible for the service is a joke. The fact that 2/3 people here didn’t want to pay £10million for her funeral is a joke. The fact that last year I went to a funeral of an old miner and it nearly bankrupted the family putting him in the ground when you compare it to yesterday’s fiasco is certainly a joke.
It was nothing more than a party political broadcast for the Tory party funded by tax payers. Just to let them gush over their matriarchal hero. Just because you edit out or refuse to show the anger over this doesn’t mean that it isn’t felt.
I firmly believe, and I’m not saying this as a threat nor an attempt to strike fear, that if things go the way they are and the poorest are to remain oppressed that the London riots of 2 years ago will look like a playground scrap.
People are angry and they won’t forget.
you want some come get some
I’d like to introduce my friends son, we’ll call him Michael but of course that’s not his real name. He’s an incredibly bright young man. He loves wrestling, in particular WWE. He can tell you everything about the company both on screen (kayfabe) and off. He knows who’s sleeping with who in real life or been pulled over for drink driving. He knows the dates for everything from when Vince McMahon took over the company from his father and the dates he was in court for steroid scandals. He can watch it and tell you all the moves, how they are adapted from earlier moves and are more effective or weaker compared to their ancestry. He knows the names of the writers and where they’ve worked before even if it’s film or tv.
John Cena is his favourite. He wants to meet him.
Michael has severe autism. This time every year I stay up with him to watch Wrestlemania and so I have to do my own homework on the event in order to keep Michael stimulated with conversation. I can admire the athleticism, believe it or not these guys get hurt and are in incredible shape, but what I admire more is how I see them effect our young fan here. He was scared of flying but because they have to fly all around the States for 300 nights a year he knows it’s something he can do. He sees a bully, no matter how big, is never as tough as a person with right on their side. Every year he watches and gets involved with the story lines that he’s already heavily invested in.
When someone’s music hits or a firework display goes off he sits mouth open and audibly appreciated it with guttural laughs and adrenaline fuelled gasps. He knows someone he likes may turn bad (heel) at anytime, even John Cena himself may turn bad this year but he’s okay with it because he knows it’s all scripted and as a man, Cena does a lot for children through charities…seriously, google that guys schedule, he’s a work horse.
I gladly go to my friends house, sit with a coke and a coffee and watch this event with Michael because he’s a wonderful child and to see him come out of his shell is actually one of the loveliest experiences you could wish for. Michael is getting older and as would have it with his particular place on the spectrum, he’s getting worse. This doesn’t upset me. It upsets me that people don’t know enough about autism.
I’m not writing this to ask you to share it though I’d love you to of only to make more people think about it. Let’s be honest, sharing this won’t do shit. Won’t help Michael or anyone else suffering. It’s why I’m telling you and not sharing it on Facebook along with the countless messages to help a cancer victim because all that does is try to push ones own sense of self imprtance and moral righteousness and I’ll be fucked if I condone that crap. I’m not even asking you to volunteer your own time. Instead, please look up about autism and see if there’s anyway at all you can help. There’s a great system in Britain called the buddy system. People far better at it than you or I spend time with sufferers and speak to them like they’re human beings. I don’t know what they do where you are but I’d love you all to do something. I promise you won’t regret it.
I hate hotels. I hate not having a laptop. I hate that the cute brunette I met earlier had to get a train to Birmingham tonight. I can’t wait to move in to my new flat with dancers.
So yes. I’m not in a relationship, that was an April fools. I thought writing “check the date” may have made it obvious. Never the less I received a few messages of congratulations that seemed sincere & as my laptop is still fucked and I’m confined to using tumblr on my phone I can’t seem to reply to those people. I apologise if you feel a little cheated.
I am still single, I still see photographer (ours is not a relationship where one person would utter the “L” word), I still see her sister occasionally, I still try and get her to fix me up with models and dancer friends and she’s still sleeping with other people…or you can remove the word” other” as we can’t really sleep with each other.
Once again, sorry. Your messages were lovely and when I can I’ll reply personally. Just glad I didn’t go with the “Hey my dick is hard” post I was originally going to do.
Woke up this morning next to Photograher. She said “You know what? I think I may love you.”
So check the date. Today I only went and got myself a girlfriend!
My laptop has died. At this time of grieving myself and the family of the Toshiba Personal Computer would like to thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes for us and the 32-bit Operating System. Please accept my apologies as I can’t fucking reply to anything on tumblr’s iPhone app and I’m struggling to find money for a new laptop because of moving house and stuff so I shall be limited to my posts and unable to reply to messages because yet again technology hates me.
Should you wish to speak to me you’ll find me sporadically on twitter for the foreseeable future…unless one of you feels like sending me a big fat cheque or knows how to make a new laptop with a large memory out of cardboard boxes, old photo’s, CD cases and cello tape.
wondered how long it wud take u 2 mock the new pope. wat u dont reeliz is tha he has been chosen by god. god told the ppl who picked him who 2 chose 4 the next pope god told them who 2 vote 4 idiot. saying he looks like woody allen doesn't please god and he is gods chosen person here on earth so god is mad at u
Asked by Anonymous
If God told the Cardinals who to vote for why wasn’t the vote unanimous?